The College Development Council is established in the year 2009, primarily to monitor and regulate all the activities of the affiliated colleges including affiliation process, conducting meetings, monitoring, curbing anti ragging activities in the colleges, attending to any complaints received against affiliated colleges and plan for developmental programmes and any other activity related to the affiliated colleges under Krishna University. Awareness on the minimum standards expected of colleges for providing quality technical education and specially, availability of academic infrastructure for practical orientation has been prescribed in the University syllabus and curriculum. The role of university as a regulating body rests also in ensuring that the colleges are adequately equipped to implement the curriculum to achieve the desired quality of education, uniformly wherever the courses offered. The College Development Council (CDC) also conducts a comprehensive and objective assessment of institutions in terms of norms and regulations of the University. The efforts in bringing out the regulations of the Affiliation will not only enhance the quality of infrastructure and education, but also the accountability of institutions and provide proper guidance to the prospective students.
The major activities in the Academic and Audit Cell of the University are,
- Issue of Affiliation to affiliated colleges.
- Issue of Permanent Affiliation and Autonomy to affiliated colleges.
- Recommendations to UGC for grant of 2(f) & 12 (b) Status.
- NOC for Closure of Course(s) and Institution(s).
- NOC to Change of Location, Name of the College/Society.
- Hostel Maintenance in all colleges affiliated to Krishna University.