|Prof. E. Dileep
Director, R& D
KrU recognizes research as a potent form of learning by doing. Our mission is to nurture and promote research in diverse disciplines that is contemporary and futuristic.
To facilitate and contribute to the research in multi-disciplinary, interdisciplinary and emerging areas thereby improving yield in terms of grants, research innovations, collaborations, sponsored research projects, intellectual property and high impact publications.
In this spirit a full-fledged and independent centre for research studies (crs) has been set up to dedicatedly accelerate the research activities in the campus to amplify the vision of KrU.
- To enable research at KrU as an integral part of the learning process.
- To identify research priorities and offer research programmes in multi-disciplinary / inter-disciplinary and emerging areas in arts, languages, commerce, social sciences, basic sciences and applied areas of sciences.
- To establish a centralized sophisticated instrumentation facility (SIF) to regulate the access of research facilities.
- To seek research grants, sponsored research projects, consultancy works and promote focused research of national importance.
- To disseminate research findings in high impact publications.
- To support researchers in acquiring various forms of IP and facilitate licensing through technology transfer.
- To forge global collaborations and MOUs with academia and industry in cutting-edge research and strengthen the existing ones.
- To be an effective interface with the industry to foster, promote and sustain commercialization of innovations, patents and technologies developed in the university for mutual benefits.