To develop the University as a highly reputed higher education institution of perennial source of knowledge like river Krishna, for a just and sustainable knowledge economy and society.
The University is committed to:
1. Provide more inclusive access to affordable quality higher education.
2. Promote quality research in diverse areas of development and change appropriate to the local context.
3. Engage in application of knowledge for community development.
4. Strengthen interface between Affiliated Colleges and University for common good.
5. Provide a responsive, accountable, transparent, participative, and results based management system.
6. Develop network with industry and other academic and research institutions to meet the expectations of various stakeholders.
7. Use ICT extensively for enrichment of teaching-learning process and for effective governance.